17 February 2009

Raglan Classic Car and Rock 'n' Roll Show

Time for me to play catch up now and post a few quick blogs on shows I've been to over the last few months. So here we go

Raglan Classic Car and Rock and Roll Festival

15th, February 2009


I was chilling out at home when I got a text from Cal (producer of TRS) saying ‘hdu jhggbsu kskshdbsj’. I replied ‘dude, are you drunk?’ Then I realized I was, so I waited a day and re read the message with sober eyes. It actually read ‘hey mate, I have a wedding to go to on the 15th, is there a chance you can make it down to Raglan with Stu (camera) and help him with getting interviews etc?’

Like I really need to be asked if I can make it to a Hot Rod show!!!! Well actually, I usually can’t make many shows on the grounds that it means taking time off work, and therefore lost income. But being a Sunday, I figured, no problem, it will be a great way to spend the day with my kids, and see some awesome rides.

Being that I did a gig on Saturday night and got home around 4am in the morning, it was rather daunting to think I would need to be awake at 630am in order to pick up my kids from their mum, and be on our way to raglan which is roughly a two hour drive from my house. So I set the alarm and promptly fell asleep before my head even hit the pillow.

After what felt like 12 whole minutes of sleep, I was up and on my way. A couple of bottles of V (hey that could be considered as advertising, they should give me loads of money for sponsorship) and I was almost awake. With my kids and my good friend Karen in tow, we headed south to Raglan.

Now Saturday was a particularly dismal day, so I wasn’t holding high hopes for Sunday at all. But as we journeyed south, there were no clouds in the morning sky and the day looked set to be a cracker. And a cracker it was. We arrived around 930am, parked the japper piece of crap well out of sight from everyone, and walked down into the sectioned off streets, which by this time, were fully lined with an awesome array of classics, hot rods, street machines and aussie cruisers.

After a quick wander around, I found Stu with camera in hand working his way around the cars on show. We made our plan of attack, and away we went. Basically, the plan was for Stu to do all the work and call me when he needed me. I like it. Nah, we split company with an agreement to text when it was time to interview people. For those who maybe don’t know how this process works, we find someone who has a good story to tell, who owns a kool car etc, and we put a microphone on them. I then stand right beside the camera and they then answer questions that I fire at them. its pretty easy really.

So if you’re at a show, and I walk up and say ‘how’s about we throw you in front of the camera?’ I’m not trying to talk you into starring in an ‘adult oriented movie’, we just want to talk about cars with you ok?

Anyways, back to the task at hand. With just over 200 cars on display and people smothering the streets, Stu was tackling his mission with zest whilst I hunted for a couple of candidates to interview and checked out the awesome rides and took still shots with my cheap digital camera. There was some awesome cars on display, and it was great to see the community of Raglan embrace the event, as it really puts some good money into the pockets of local businesses.

Anyways, we got through our day well, we got some great footage for the show, and we met some really fantastic people along the way. Here are some pictures for you to check out of the day. Now keep an eye out for next years Raglan show, cos its guaranteed to be a corker.

and now for a bunch of thumbnails for you to perve at



Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment